Friday, 20 June 2014

106.7 Mabuhay FM

106.7 Mabuhay FM is on its 2nd lease in life.  I started a Filipino radio station in Hamilton, New Zealand in 2011.  It lasted until mid-2012 when I had to go off-the-air due to financial considerations.  The concept was to use radio as a way of nurturing and promoting Filipino culture.  It was a good way for me to understand the market and to learn from my mistakes---in order for me to walk, I had to take little, tentative, baby steps.  I'm not saying that I can walk properly now, but I'm confident that I can start to take giant strides.

In a couple of days the first Filipino radio station in Hamilton will be back on-air in a newer and better frequency 106.7.  We will be carrying on the tradition that was started by Free FM (formerly known as Community Radio Hamilton).

No comments:

Post a Comment